I haven’t gotten many pregnancy cravings and I wouldn’t consider this a craving per se, but last week I thought popcorn chicken sounded really good.
This recipe is not only good, it’s super easy to make.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 lb Chicken breast
1 1/2 C Flour
2 tsp Paprika
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Hot Sauce (I use Frank’s)
1/4 C Milk
2-4 C Canola Oil
Here’s what you do:
- Dice chicken breasts into small bite size cubes or strips.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, and hot sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, paprika, salt, and pepper. After mixing the ingredients I usually sprinkle a little extra salt, pepper, and paprika on the surface since those ingredients tend to sink to the bottom.
- Heat a dutch oven or large skillet with 2-4C Canola Oil to 350°. There should be about 2-3 inches of oil coating the bottom of the pan.
- In batches, toss the chicken in the egg mixture, then immediately into the flour mixture to coat.
- Once the chicken is coated in the flour mixture, gently drop the pieces into the hot oil.
- Using a spider strainer, brown on each side for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Once browned, use the spider strainer to take the chicken out of the oil and set on paper towels to dry.
- You should refill with oil if the level gets below 2 inches. Let the oil get to temperature again before adding more chicken.
- For one lb of chicken, I did three batches in the oil.
- Use this chicken recipe for salads and wraps!
These were so good on their own with a few choice dipping sauces. I thought we might have leftovers, but we just couldn’t stop eating them!